Allow your kids to have the freedom to manage their own money with parental controls in place.
It can be challenging to teach your teenage child how to spend and save responsibly, but it doesn’t have to be. A debit card can be a great educational tool, especially when the teen is in control of their own spending with limitations put in place by the parents.
Debit cards are the gateway to financial freedom and responsibility because they give teens real control over their money and provide them early practice in money management. Teens are able to learn basic concepts like saving money, budgeting, investing, all while their parents monitor their activity and provide helpful insight when needed.
The Copper Banking teen debit card is accompanied with an easy to use mobile app that includes built-in financial literacy education, and tools that allow your teen to track money spent and saved.
- No hidden fees. No subscription fees. No overdraft fees. No credit checks.
- FDIC Insured up to $250,000.
- Send & Request money between Parent and Teen instantly with the touch of a button.
- Customize allowance schedules on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Spend: Using Apple Pay, Google Pay or the Copper Debit Card.
- Save & Learn: Set savings goals and receive tips on how to reach those goals right through the app.